HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: [Mod] Night at the Office  (Read 14137 times)

Besli

• Mr. Database
  • Gonarch
  • Mr. Database! :)
    • View Profile
[Mod] Night at the Office
« on: June 13, 2005, 12:35:30 AM »

You are an administration assistant working for a courier company called 'Parcel Passages' in their High-rise headquarters office building.

One night you discover terrorists have entered the building and are working their way up to your location, you then begin a desperate race to stop the terrorists and save the other employees before it is too late

Night at the Office features:-
- Many individual characters
- A new storyline
- Multiple routes to follow
- New weapons
- 16+ floor office building
- 3 game endings

Night at the Office is a SP mod for HL1 and is now available to download.

End Of Days

• 3D Modeller
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] Night at the Office
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 12:37:23 AM »

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.nightattheoffice.co.uk Port 80

Edit: Red X's for pictures :(

Besli

• Mr. Database
  • Gonarch
  • Mr. Database! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 12:39:47 AM »

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.nightattheoffice.co.uk Port 80

Edit: Red X's for pictures :(

When you can see the pics above you can try it again! ;)
http://mods.moddb.com/951/

« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 12:54:43 AM by Besli »

pipboy

• Bant Forevah From Teh BBQ
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 01:16:20 AM »

i download this mod last night looks awesome(i checked all models) ...sure models r not wonderfull but there r lots of new things... im gonna play someday next week...

*off topic: for now im playing fallout all over again(i finally solved all quests i were missing underground thiefs quest and the missing caravan and now i got tandy in party for fun ^^ aradesh is probably upset XD)

*only thing i dunno is y the fuck theres a dog named sasha in a place we cant go in COC cateral... does anyone know anything about that dog?

End Of Days

• 3D Modeller
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 01:36:35 AM »

I'll play it this week.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
  • GE:S and Ballistic Weapons tester.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 01:42:08 AM »

Looks nice.

Razor-47

• Subject 47
  • Gonarch
  • Anomaly Detected...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 05:57:29 AM »

Looking good so far.

Marphy Black

• Alien Grunt
  • De-Headcrabbing Factory
    • View Profile
    • Beta Half-Life
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 06:09:51 AM »

Let me be the first to say that I think terrorism is a very odd subject to make a mod out of. At least when I think of terrorists taking over a building, I think of the Nakatomi Plaza in Die Hard, although I don't think this was aiming to be a Bruce Willis movie.  :P

With that now said, I must say that this mod is really confusing. I understand that apparantly there are multiple routes you can use, but I keep encountering things that I'm not sure is just a route you can't choose, or I'm missing something vital to continue on, or possibly some bug has prevented me from moving on (Which has happened to me twice now :-\).

Spoilers below
Can someone tell me what you're supposed to do after you turn on the power on the 9th floor? After I do that the terrorist opens the door so you can get out, so logically I should be going back to the roof to turn on the distress signal now that the power is on, but when I get to the roof level and it loads, I'm immediately stuck inside an invisible wall, and when I noclip out of it and go outside, I can't do anything with the lever for the distress signal and the black guy that helped me before is now floating in the air. wtf? I'm not 10 minutes into the mod and already I'm completely lost. ???

NovaRain

• Casual Modder
  • Alien Grunt
  • Real Life™
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 06:24:57 AM »

Let me be the first to say that I think terrorism is a very odd subject to make a mod out of. At least when I think of terrorists taking over a building, I think of the Nakatomi Plaza in Die Hard, although I don't think this was aiming to be a Bruce Willis movie.  :P

With that now said, I must say that this mod is really confusing. I understand that apparantly there are multiple routes you can use, but I keep encountering things that I'm not sure is just a route you can't choose, or I'm missing something vital to continue on, or possibly some bug has prevented me from moving on (Which has happened to me twice now :-\).

Spoilers below
Can someone tell me what you're supposed to do after you turn on the power on the 9th floor? After I do that the terrorist opens the door so you can get out, so logically I should be going back to the roof to turn on the distress signal now that the power is on, but when I get to the roof level and it loads, I'm immediately stuck inside an invisible wall, and when I noclip out of it and go outside, I can't do anything with the lever for the distress signal and the black guy that helped me before is now floating in the air. wtf? I'm not 10 minutes into the mod and already I'm completely lost. ???

Did you download the v1.1 patch?
http://nato.interlopers.net/

Spoilers?
[size=0pt]It says there're three endings.
I knew one is bad ending and another is "run over" (bastard) ending, but what about the last ending? Is there no good ending?[/size]

Marphy Black

• Alien Grunt
  • De-Headcrabbing Factory
    • View Profile
    • Beta Half-Life
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 08:52:13 AM »

Hmm, the site was still down when I downloaded from that link on moddb.

Spoilers (I guess this is why size 1 font would be used )
I just beat the game and got both endings, and seriously, what the hell? I'm not against bad or sad endings, but this just seemed to say "Haha you tried to achieve something and failed miserably since nothing you did had any effect on the outcome at all". I bothered to go through the whole mod without taking any damage and making sure I killed every terrorist possible, and my reward is either watching an akward suicide (WHYYYY????????? *blam) and then blowing up, or getting run over by a car while a very mocking mp3 plays in the background. The site says 3 endings, but if there really is a third one, it can't be much since I quickly went through all the mod's resources and found nothing to suggest it was completely different or even satisfying. The only hint that something alternate exists is a message in the test level that says "You escaped, leaving the rest of the employees to die" or whatever. Even then, both endings we have now aren't even different; they're the exact same news report even though you can theoretically die two ways, which I hardly think constitutes as seperate endings.

I watched through the credits just to get the password for the extras folder and I was amused by the fact this "Darryl Patrick" guy managed to put his name in at least 20 times (If anyone doesn't want to sit through the credits, the password for the police report.zip is "cryptic", "misunderstood" for glitches.zip, and "passive" for bloopers.zip). Anyway reading through the police report (Which, despite the fact that there are alledgedly multiple endings, this would still apply to all of them since nothing is different between them), I was expecting some sort of closure or explanation for what just happened, and it only managed to futz the story even more. It says Martin, the black guy, was alive at the time the bulding collapsed and was crushed to death. Except for the fact you can find Martin's body dead from gun shot wounds right next to the room where you find the other hostages/survivors. The police report also says Carl, the guy at the beginning who tells you to get the flash light, was on the upper floors when the building collapsed, except once again for the fact that his body is right next to Martin's on the second floor. The word "drunk" in drunk driving is also misspelled in the report, which kind of ruins the whole "official police report" aura thing. In fact, a lot of things in the mod seemed like they were added in by the author as some sort of afterthought, like Carl and Martin's dead bodies being put right next to the survivors, probably to make the ending seem even more depressed and shocking, despite conflicting with what he wrote in the police report.

I think this mod deserved to be ripped apart, because not only was it horrendously short, it's almost made pointless by the ending since it's just saying to you that you lose and didn't accomplish anything. That's not quite how I wanted to spend my time.  :-\

The_Divixion

• Lilii
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 11:38:54 AM »

When did u download it ? I downloaded it yersterday. But I havent played it yet.  :P

ArmedAndDangerous

• Joydivisionist
  • Gargantua
  • Remember me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 01:15:31 PM »

I am downloading it now, screenies look pretty good.

EDIT: Shit, it's actually quite crap, sorry I just don't like it, normal HL has better models than that.

Although, I actually laughed when Dave shot himself with his beretta (they stole the model from BS)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 02:52:13 PM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. »

Red Slug

• 12 Gauge
  • Gargantua
  • Short-range firepower
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 04:36:23 PM »

Quite entertaining. I played it just after it came out and planned to give a review here.

Are there really mulitple routes or are there multiple endings?

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
  • GE:S and Ballistic Weapons tester.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 06:10:30 PM »

Are there really mulitple routes or are there multiple endings?
Multiple endings, I got ran over by a car. :(

DeEp-SiX

• Furry sniper
  • Houndeye
  • The Furry photographer in Body Armor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 06:33:48 PM »

very interesting i must check out later :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6