HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: [OP4] Opposing Force Redux  (Read 43524 times)

End Of Days

• 3D Modeller
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
[OP4] Opposing Force Redux
« on: January 04, 2006, 05:45:27 PM »

Well, it's finally here. After being in the works for about 6 months, a full version release of Opposing Force Redux is finually ready for download.

For those of you were have been following the development of Redux from the very beginning, you know what this is all about. For those of you who just stumbled across this topic, where is a little info about Redux:

Opposing Force Redux is a enhancement package for Opposing Force. It is designed to work with the new Steam Client provided by Valve. Opposing Force Redux enhances your Opposing Force installation beyond what was thought to be possible with the High Definition pack that shipped with Blue Shift.

Redux is a community project. It is non-profit and contains work from members of many communities. Such communities are Half Life Improvement Team, which provide invaluable support and a great source of custom Half Life content.  However most of the work is done by our Team. The work in the pack may be edited and re-released so long as proper credit is given.

Redux is a complete visual and audio overhaul for Opposing Force. Containing new models, sounds, sprites and miscellaneous additions to immerse you into a new level of game play. Even the smallest of details have been reworked to give your now fancy ass gaming computer something to chew on.  This is not a Source project/port. Nor is the game play altered in any way.

Redux takes advantage of every feature in the Half Life engine. From transparencies, chrome effects and additive textures used in ways thought to be outdated. Along with crisp new sound effects, high quality models which polygon counts are hardly never below 1,000 keep the always proud Opposing Force looking its best.

A very detailed credit document is in the .rar. so no worries.

And now without further delay here are some screenies! (and you thought the d/l link, silly goose)

Download link: http://files.filefront.com/FILE_VOTE/;4563803;5;/fileinfo.html

More mirrors to come.

Please report any bugs or errors to Editor321 or I. Comments are more than welcomed.

A BIG thanks goes out to everyone involved in making Opposing Forec Redux the ultimate enhancement pack for Opposing Force!

Official Redux Site: http://www.editor321.wlrgroupco.com/

Hugebumm

• Demon of the Fall
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
Re: [OP4] Opposing Force Redux
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 05:52:35 PM »

HOLY SH*T ITS HERE! GOOD THING IM SICK TODAY!!!!!!! THIS IS A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im d/ling right now

*edit* ummm.........where are the weapons?

*edit revised* i must of had a bad connection......im re downloading now
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 06:19:40 PM by Hugebumm »

technoblue

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 06:14:57 PM »

4am and downloading. Good work fella's.  :D

Lurid

• I wonder where...my fish has gone?
  • Cookie Mastah!
  • Gonarch
  • oh?
    • View Profile
    • With Friends Like These
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 06:17:28 PM »

Hm, now I have to reinstall Opfor then =P

Impulse

• Anticitizen One
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 06:26:17 PM »

Me too. =D

Romka™

• I am
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 06:28:12 PM »

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG, I can't fucking believe it, it's out. MY EYES ARE BURNING NIGGA'

NovaRain

• Casual Modder
  • Alien Grunt
  • Real Life™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 06:43:44 PM »

It's done! Congratulations! :)
I like the new SAW with default anims most.

PS: Some guns seem a little small compared with hands in view models?

SureShot

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 06:43:58 PM »

It's all good, only snag is the Stinger is compiled wrong (additive stuff goes in its own .smd and at the bottom of the compiling stack) and the Beretta haef no draw sound.

e: and all the guns eject rifle shells o_O

e2: and the animations on the rifle are borked (bolt doesnt go back and glitches)

but I like  ;D

Romka™

• I am
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 07:01:22 PM »

It's all good, only snag is the Stinger is compiled wrong (additive stuff goes in its own .smd and at the bottom of the compiling stack) and the Beretta haef no draw sound.

e: and all the guns eject rifle shells o_O

e2: and the animations on the rifle are borked (bolt doesnt go back and glitches)

but I like  ;D
Hey, SureShot, why don't you improve the weapons for it? I know you're good at it. :)

SureShot

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 07:10:55 PM »

Hey, SureShot, why don't you improve the weapons for it? I know you're good at it. :)

Why?  They're good enough as they are.  It's mainly animation issues.

e: shotgun has a texture mixup, the stock map is merged with the receiver o_O
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 07:13:36 PM by SureShot »

rr28

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 07:15:55 PM »

Hey, I'm also having problems with the weapon sounds. Notably just the 9mm, Desert Eagle, M4, and sniper rifle. Just reloading sounds is the problem.

SureShot

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2006, 07:24:37 PM »

Hey, I'm also having problems with the weapon sounds. Notably just the 9mm, Desert Eagle, M4, and sniper rifle. Just reloading sounds is the problem.

Fine for me.

Tsunami

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 07:38:49 PM »

OK, I have mixed feelings about this pack. On one hand most of the models are excellent quality and this is one of the biggest "SD Packs" I've seen. On the other hand, a lot of the models have horrid clipping problems or animation bugs. The M4's animations look a bit buggy, there's lots of clipping on the 357 and Sniper Rifle (those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head), there's texture misalignment on the hands of some weapons, and especially on the Sniper Rifle the animations don't match the gun at all (he doesn't touch the bolt). I also think the glove texture is extremely bland, and the shotgun looks terrible on those animations (AGH MY WRIST IT HURTS EVER SO).

However, this is the best SD pack on the whole interwebs for OP4 and includes some of the best SD models I've seen for Half-life. If only it was a bit more polished... :-\

EDIT: I love your RPG model for ever and ever

Editor321

• Gonarch
  • HOE NE Team
    • View Profile
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 08:12:54 PM »

Here i go:

@Nova: Yes i agree some of the weapons look small in the hands. I felt this way about the Sniper Rifle and it will be fixed in a future release.

@SureShot: I didnt realize  that the additive textures needed to be on a seperate smd. That will be fixed and released later on.
About all the weapons ejecting rifles shells, i will have to look into that. Is that coded or qc file? And yet again the Sniper rifle is going to get a revamp again.

As for the shotgun texture merge or whatever, can you explain that again ?:P

@Tsunami: Thanks for the crits, gives me something to work towards to. There is some clipping in a select few animations, but there is in all. I didn't consider it to be noticable really. Is it that noticable? What is buggy about the M4 animations (more detail?)Which weapons have texture misalignment other than the knife which i know it has. Yet again the sniper rifle is being worked on.
We wanted to change the glove texture to something that wouldnt look fucked if it got stretched like the old one, thats why its a bit bland if you will. As for the shotgun, well I dont see an issue with it, except maybe some origins would help it a bit. Its all personal taste in the end.

Thanks for your comments :)

End Of Days

• 3D Modeller
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 09:00:12 PM »

Ok, right now I'm a very pissed of man because my new computer is well.......never mind.

I appreciate all the feedback guys.

@SS: I know what you mean about the additive. Will fix in future release. I also understand about the shotty. I was looking at the .smd and found out the the stock was merged with another part of the model that was assigned to a different texture map. A bad boo boo on our part. Will fix in future release.

Like Editor321, some of the weapons will undergo some more revamping in the next release.

Thanks again for the comments.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18