HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Half-Life and Opposing Force High-Definition Multiplayer Player Models  (Read 30758 times)

Broadus

• Don't throw a baby at anything!
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile

I don't know why I took so long to release this. It was finished months ago.

Here's the download link! It's XTREME!
http://files.filefront.com/hlop4_HDplayermodelszip/;4893170;;/fileinfo.html

CONTENTS OF README BELOW

Half-Life and Opposing Force
High-Definition Multiplayer Player Models

by
Several people of the HIT community (credits below).
Put together by Broadus. Readme also by Broadus.

DESCRIPTION
Simply enough, this makes every single player model in the Half-Life and Opposing Force multiplayer high-definition, which
basically means every player model will have a high polygon count, and will look a lot better. Contributions came
(willingly and unknowingly) from several people.
Also included are player models from Rewolf's Gunman: Chronicles. The Gunman: Chronicles soldier is the default player.mdl,
which means that, if someone is playing as a model you don't have on your harddrive, they will look like the Gunman: Chronicles soldier. You can replace the player.mdl with any player model that pleases you.
You'll notice that there are multiple versions of certain characters, such as Otis, Scientist and Zombie. Well, that's
because there were sometimes two different-looking but high-definition versions of the same player model. The ones with
numbers next to them won't show up very much online, unless someone else has the same model (with the number).
You may switch out these models to determine which one you'll see other players as (because they'll most likely not have
numbers). For example, if you want to see Otis as a bald Otis instead of a helmeted Otis, you can rename the folder/.mdl of Otis2 to Otis, and rename the folder/.mdl of Otis to Otis2.

INSTALLATION
Extract hl&op4_HDplayermodels.zip in both your Opposing Force/Gearbox/Models AND Half-Life/Valve/Models directory.
Extract op4_hgrunt&shephard.zip in your Opposing Force/Gearbox/Models/Player directory, overwriting the Hgrunt and Shephard
   folders. This will make Shephard look like the Half-Life 1 Hgrunt, and vice versa. (Shephard will look like a black
   grunt with green fatigues in Half-Life 1, but will look like a white grunt with white fatigues in Opposing Force.)

CREDITS
Marphy Black provided a number of player models, including:
- Romka made the Human Grunt models, which Marphy Black converted into player models.
- Red Slug made the Cleansuit Scientist model, which Marphy Black converted into a player model.
- The HIT Team made a Male Assassin, which Marphy Black converted into a player model. However, this Male Assassin is not
   included in the release because it is of a much lower definition than a Male Assassin later provided.
Meatball provided an ungodly amount of player models. Some of them were not included, due to being a lower definition than
   previously provided models.
arahu01 "provided" (without his knowledge) a Barney, Otis and Scientist player model.
Blood Surfer "provided" (without his knowledge) a Robo player model.
Ambient.Impact "provided" (without his knowledge) an unknown amount of monster/player models that Meatball had provided.
R@p7or "provided" (without his knowledge) an unknown amount of monster/player models that Meatball had provided.
Rewolf "provided" (oh, they don't even exist anymore) the four Gunman: Chronicles player models.
Broadus didn't really do anything besides put it all in a .ZIP. What an asshole.

Unknown persons may have made certain models that Meatball had provided, though I'm not sure if that's true.

CONTACT INFORMATION
I don't know the contact information of any of the above (nor do I have the legal right to post their contact information,
anyway), but my (Broadus') contact information is:
E-Mail: zurg_ling90@yahoo.com

What are you waiting for? Start up Killbox and enjoy the wonderful eye candy!

EDIT1
Rewolf credits added.
Screenshot added.

EDIT2
Typos corrected.

[File not found]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 09:13:50 AM by Broadus »

Sniper-Wolf-sin

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile

Your killing us with your lack of pictures!

sappy

• HL:S:HD modeler
  • Gargantua
  • toss the salad
    • View Profile
    • moddb profile

Your killing us with your lack of pictures!
Yep.For something that's 16.99 MB ya just have to post a pic,if not here atleast at file front
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 08:00:02 PM by sappy »

Broadus

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile

Oh, right. The pic. My bad. Here it is.
That version is low-quality, because it's such a huge picture. If I ever update the .ZIP, a full-quality but half-size picture will be included.

Anton

• -
  • Gonarch
  • -
    • View Profile
    • -

Oh my god! thats Quite a lot!

It seems like sniper-wolf didnt read the guide to spelling! (please don't feel insulted! There is one of those!)

Broadus

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile

Yep, that's forty player models! A few of them aren't of the highest of high definitions (mainly the recruit, drill instructor and Gunman: Chronicles models), but they still look better than their original versions. Except for the Gunman: Chronicles models, which were never in the original Half-Life 1 game, but have all of the standard Half-Life 1 animations.

Eruntalon

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
    • Eruntalon's LiveJournal

Are all the animations compatible with Sven Coop? Since they look like their intended to be used with HLDM.

Dudeman418

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile

WOW! Thats alot of models, and theyre all HD  :o

Kruk

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile

Thats the biggest HD moel pack 0_0

sappy

• HL:S:HD modeler
  • Gargantua
  • toss the salad
    • View Profile
    • moddb profile

Uhum quite nice  ;)
Broadus I have just one Q is that the PS2 robogrunt and did,you do anything to it or it's the original

Sniper-Wolf-sin

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Half-Life and Opposing Force High-Definition Multiplayer Player Models
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 06:46:03 PM »

They certainly look Hd thats for sure!

Blood Surfer

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 07:12:20 PM »

Hey nice pack here ^^

Broadus

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 07:13:56 PM »

I wouldn't know anything about Robo, sappy. I didn't do anything to any of these models (except that I made two versions of the Hgrunt so that Shephard and the Hgrunt would look completely different). It says in the credits something about Blood Surfer having made it. I lost my credits a long time ago and had to go to the original topic where I requested all of these HD models. Everyone mentioned in that topic should be in the credits.
Sorry, Eruntalon, but as it says, it's for Half-Life and Opposing Force multiplayer, not Sven Co-op.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 07:22:40 PM by Broadus »

Romka™

• I am
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2006, 10:07:02 PM »

Wow, someone fucked up my grunts so much. :(

Broadus

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 10:26:54 PM »

All of those models look fine to me. What's wrong with them?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4